Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day



Yes, it's Mother's Day and it has already been such a treat. The breakfast in bed was the ultimate this year with Panera cinnamon sugar bagels, scrambled eggs, bacon, and a bowl of Kashi cereal. Yes, I shared with the troops because a) they expected it and b) that was a ton of food. I downed the chocolate bar given out at church while I was in the hall with Mallory during Sunday School to help me cope. And, now I have been served a Califonia Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Pizza as an appetizer as the boys prepare dinner with dad. I have been given a fryer as a gift so that they can cook me some homemade corn dogs. While that may not sound very good to everyone, you have to know my love of corn dogs. And, not just any corn dogs. They have to taste like the ones that you get from the state fair or Hot Dog on a Stick. Yes, they have to be deep fried. And, so as I type on this computer, an attempt to mimic those famous dogs is going on in the other room. I am so excited. I thought I would also share these two photos of Gage taken yesterday. I was lucky enough to be an apprentice to the garage sale queen, Kristi, yesterday and I am still giddy about my finds. One of them was this stroller for Mallory which I was informed that every little girl needs and for $1 - Mallory was in need. Gage came in with it, with sunglasses on, and a baby on board to inform me that he was taking Mallory's baby for a walk. After I relented, I decided that the least I could do was walk with him to support him. Later, after wearing shorts that were a little too big all day, Gage came in with some new ones on. I kept looking at them and thought that they looked tight and a lot like a pair of girl's capris on him. Finally, I realized that he had put on a pair of Mallory's jeans and thought they were his shorts. I couldn't convince him otherwise because I think he was so happy that they weren't falling down that he didn't want to give them up. The snug fit felt good. Well, as long as he wasn't going out in them pushing the baby in the stroller, I was okay with it! Happy Mother's Day mom and Betty. I love you both!

7 comments:

Brett said...

Yum! Can we borrow Zane next year? - Kristine

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

oh... I knew we were freinds for a reason LOL! I LOVE those corn dogs also.. Every year we go to the Middletown festival just so I can get one.. We tried to hit the chow wagon for one this year but weather and church did not co-operate!
I hope you enjoyed your day!

Noelle said...

mmmmmmmm corn dogs . . .

Tanya said...

Lucky girl! Sounds like a good day. Corinne has done that before with Zach's pants. You just can't put your finger on what's wrong with that look until it dawns on you that they are too small jeans. I think that was popular with the boys for awhile though.

Cheryl said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of my favorite mothers around. You are AMAZING! Glad to hear your day was quite special!

Cheryl said...

PS I would have paid MONEY to see the two of you shop. Oh what bargains there were to be found.

And I too LOVE corn dogs that are deep fried. My mom has the best recipe. I'm going to make her cook up a batch when we are in Utah this summer. They are worth every calorie!! Yummy!

Andrea G. said...

Well, I'm totally jealous about your garage sale steals. What fun. It is so rewarding to find stuff like that. And Gage... priceless! As for the corndogs, well, you can keep those all for yourself... but call if you ever want to do donut holes! :) Happy Mother's day!