Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I've Caught Up With Them






Well, I finally caught up with the older boys as they ran out to play. They didn't get very far making the catching up with them rather easy on my part. This is what they like to do - collect bugs. They were collecting rolly poly bugs (we called them potato bugs) this day and they only found five. I think they could have found more if they would have dug a little further - ha - well five was enough and kept them busy for the afternoon.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

We must be thinking on the same wavelenghts. My girls went into the back yard tonight and were knocking over some bricks the previous owner had against the fence. I made the boys help me put them back and we saw so many potato bugs (yes, they call them rolly poly, but I'll stick their REAL name!) Just wishing we were down the street so we could have come out and played.

Brett and Amy said...

Isn't it amazing how long the roly pollies can entertain? We bought a little roly pollie playground at Walmart. It was not called a potato bug playground. So, the authorities have spoken.

Andrea G. said...

That's so fun. I remember being entertained forever with potato bugs. What a fun age... to discover everything. By the way, you have another vote on "potato bugs" :)

Kristi said...

We call 'em potato bugs too. What's wrong with these Kentucky people??