*Do not read if you are squeamish or do not like the words tugging and twisting when talking about teeth*
Do you think that teeth secretly want to stay in our mouths and perhaps, don't want to come out? I am thinking Trevor's tooth planned on being a permanent resident of his mouth and it took almost everything in the world to get that tooth out. We have been working on it for over a month. Zane would have me pull on it because I had smaller fingers and I would try my hardest (I was a bit squeamish as I did this) and it would twist and turn, but not come out. He would pull on it, we tried dental floss, and Trevor would give it his all at least once a day. Well, we ate corn last night and I am thinking that might have had a little bit to do with why it was ready to come out by nightfall. Zane, right before Trevor went to bed, gave it one last tug, and it finally let loose of it's cozy little spot in his mouth. Trever ran in screaming (an excited scream, not a tragic one) and couldn't believe it was finally in his hand. Whew, I am glad that is over and I am sure that Trevor is as well!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
What a relief, Trevor! The other night at mutual, we were playing a game and we looked down on the table, and there was a tooth just lying there. Everyone screamed, "Eewww! Whose tooth is that?" It was one of the girls, and it had fallen out and she had left it on the table. So, even at 12, you may still be losing teeth. It looks like it gives your other tooth some room to move in.
Trevor, did you mom draw arrow on your mouth to remind you of the crazy tooth? jk I bet it feels great to have that extra tooth gone!
Congratulations Trevor. We had a tooth like that in Ben's mouth until recently. I love kid's mouths at this age--they all look like they have bunny teeth and the teeth are everywhere.
You'll have to leave the Toothfairy a note explaining all the effort put out to get that tooth out, and maybe she'll leave you a little extra.
Woo Hoo! We have suffered through a few minor tooth issues and I LOVE when they finally fall out. Yippee! Such a handsome boy- with or without teeth!
Post a Comment