Here are just a few things I learned or realized after being with my family this weekend:
1. My mom is a great cook. I didn't realize this growing up or appreciate it. She can whip up good stuff easily and quickly.
2. I don't want to be pregnant again any time soon. My little sister, Jennilee, is in her first trimester and she is SICK. It brought back all those feelings of being pregnant and I remember really NOT liking it! Although, for others, this pregancy thing is wonderful. I am so excited to be an aunt and so excited for Jennilee and Logan.
3. We need a JoAnn's here. My mom has one down the street and I think I went there at least 3 times. Why don't we have one here?
4. I wish my kids lived by ALL of their cousins. I am thankful that we have cousins as close as Cincinnati and we need to get together with them more often. It is great to see them play with their cousins when we get them together.
5. I have turned in to a "Wicked" fan. Okay, I haven't seen the play, but the music is great. At first I acted as though it was lame because my mom and sister were listening to it a lot, but it is great music and now I want to see the show. Anyone up for traveling to see it any time soon?
6. I want to move all the states between Kentucky and Cali somewhere else. Sorry Utah and Arizona, but I need to be closer to my family and I am not moving away from Kentucky and they aren't moving out of California. This is the most logical solution. Wouldn't you agree?
7. Benadryl does not work on my kids when flying - repeat - does not work.
8. Refering to #7 - Just ignore people flying with you who ask you if you have tried Benadryl when your child is screaming for an hour on the plane. Many people had great suggestions for me. But, I guess when I finally gave up so did she and she was out just a few minutes later. Whew!
9. It can be warmer in Kentucky in February than it is in San Diego even if it is only for 12 hours. We had a shivering 60 while KY was 67! Crazy.
10. I do love San Diego, but while telling someone in my parent's ward about Kentucky and why I love it made me realize that it is my home and I am very glad to be here.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
New York, baby! That's where our next girl's weekend will be and we will see Wicked. Sorry to hear of your plane ride home. I've so been there. I guess that doesn't make you want to hop back on the plane anytime soon. Please come back soon, though!
OH--you would LOVE Wicked. I've seen it twice now and would so go again!!! Zoe knows all the words cause i listen to it all the time in teh care.
glad you had fun--glad you are back.
PS--Crafting and fun things would be so much easier with just a couple of better stores here.
FYI- Benadryl does not work on my children either. And I don't have to tell myself twice because it was THAT BAD that it's quite engrained in my memory.
So glad you got back safely. I am sure your KY three were missing you greatly!
What a fun list. I too think we should some how be able to bypass the middle states when traveling home. It's only when we fly home that I realize how stinkin' far away we are!
Another FYI- we have a JoAnn's in Lexington. But before you get your car loaded and head down, it's a small store. Not great, but not terrible either. I'd taken Hobby Lobby over it any day.
I hope Jennilee starts feeling better soon. If she's like you, she's in for a long, miserable few months. Poor thing!
I love that you are a Wicked fan. Some of the songs are so touching. They give me chills and once you see the play, it'll be hard for you to love another as much. And that's saying a lot because I know you love broadway shows.
OK- I had better head off to bed. Once again, GLAD YOU'RE BACK!
Traci-I'm so glad you're back. We missed Gage too much at play group. Benadryl does not work for the O'Brien Mob either. I hate to fly alone with little ones. Way to brave it. I'm glad you had a mom/sister weekend. You derserve it. I've never seen Wicked or heard the music--you've all inspired me. Thanks. Also, I LOVE the purse/diaper bag.
Traci-
some friends here went and saw wicked in Chicago and they have got me all excited about it. I would love to see it. I've heard the book is fabulous too. Along with everyone else, Benadryl doesn't work for us, in fact, it does the exact opposite and makes them crazily hyper. Maybe that is just a little myth, the whole benadryl thing. How fun that you have a such a cute crafty mom! Lucky girl to have gotten a trip away alone with family, what a neat time for you. You can come visit me anytime, kids and all!
Post a Comment