Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sassy Apron Swap




On my list of the million things to do, this one just got checked off. My apron was sent by Zane this morning and I am happy to see it take flight. I had a great time figuring out the fabric, trying to figure out the style of the person I was making it for, making my pattern original, and adding the final details. All in all, I am satisfied although I still think it needed some jumbo ric rac on the bottom in an amazing color and all I have left is brown. I couldn't get it in time, so I had to let that dream fly away. I just hope the girl getting it likes it and doesn't examine the stitches too closely (oops!).

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE IT! Was shocked when you said you made the pattern. Oh my! I would have had a hard time sewing it, let alone creating it. That is one lucky girl. Now I'm just hoping you get one back that is 1/2 as cute!

Tanya said...

I think that will be my new motto -- "just don't examine the stitches too closely". Good morning! They both look great! Did you send her both or did you keep one?

traci said...

Oh, it's reversable so it's the orange flowers on one side and the green with white flowers on the other side. It does look like two, doesn't it? Well, it's a two for one deal here.

Brett and Amy said...

Very cute!

Vicki said...

And you had time to do this in between kids throwing up, snow days, helping with homework, doing your calling, and just being a wife and mother. You are AWESOME!!!

I LOVE the material. Good Job.

The White House said...

Is there anything you can't do? The aprons are so cute!!!

The White House said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lacey said...

I love it Traci- okay, I love everything you do up there in that crafty haven. Everytime I see the light on up there I KNOW Traci is up to something really good. This too met the standard!

Heather said...

So cute. Wish I would have done the swap--but realize I would be even more crazy. At this point, I'd just like to have time to do something fun instead of taxes or clean for a showing :)

Jen said...

Traci I whish I had your talent, and sense of taste. I love the fabric! It's one lucky girl getting that. I'd wear it everyday, even if I wasn't cooking.