We took Mallory to the doctor Wednesday and after having that bandage on for 3 1/2 weeks, I was a bit hesitant to see what was underneath. She was a trooper. The doctor just talked to her while he cut it off and she didn't even move. Initially I was a little afraid of her fingers because the one nail was totally black (and there just for show - not attached -ohhhh) and there were a few stray stitches still hanging around her fingers. But, once I looked closer, I could see they were pink and healthy and no visible scars. It was AMAZING. They x-rayed the fingers and saw that fractures still remained in both, but they would eventually heal on their own. So, he sent us home black nail and all and said it looked wonderful. I am trusting them that it is all wonderful and hopefully the nail situation will be taken care of when the new one grows back. Zane asked if I had black nail polish so that I could paint the other nails to match! Whatever!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
7 comments:
Zane cracks me up. Thanks for the squimish warning. I continued, and yes got squimish. I remember smashing my finger (two different times) and having the nail turn black, but I don't remember it being painful (if that helps at all from Mallory's stand point). I'm glad that all is well. What a relief for you guys!
Ooohhh...Mals! What a trooper! The black nail polish would be funny. I'm glad it's healing properly.
I've got some polish you can borrow! hee hee
I'm so glad to hear everything looks like it will be just fine! What a rock star to go through that and sill be smiling!
I'm glad to hear she is such a trooper. Are you growing your hair out? It looked longer in the ONE picture that you are in w/ your folks.
What great news! They look great, the doctors did a wonderful job it sounds like, and I bet Mal is glad to have that bandage off!
Those are the most beautiful fingers in the world. Thank goodness for modern medicine and great doctors!
Oh, what's wrong with a little goth baby? Follow Zane's recommendation. Really, Traci I am so glad that everything will heal so nicely. Still, poor little Mal.
Post a Comment