We had a rainy 4th of July. If you know me, then you know that I am a weather watcher. I can relay to you the 7 day forecast because I think it means so much to me to know when the sun is coming out. Well, my friend the weatherman, Tom Wills, said it would stop raining around noon and there wasn't a chance for rain again until the next week. Well Tom, it looks like you were wrong. We had thunderstorms all day long. We went to a pool party and we were in and out of the pool like a bunch of crazy people always waiting 15 minutes after the thunder to get in and then at 16 min. (swimmers in for 1 minute) it would thunder again and sometimes down pour. But, despite the rain, we had fun with friends and even managed to make it to Hunting Creek for fireworks. It finally stopped raining by about 7 pm, so it was a great show and the kids love it. I love going there because it is a small town feel - jumpy jumps for the kids, firetrucks, free glow sticks. Grandma and grandpa had sent each of the kids tubes of glow sticks as well and they shared them with all of their friends and made giant necklaces out of them. It's nice to have them because then you can always spot your kids. Mallory wanted to just walk up and down the street and I did almost lose her, but thank goodness for the glow stick around her neck like a necklace. Our neighbors, the Williams, did some fireworks on Saturday night in front of their house. The boys thought it was better than the fireworks the night before. They kept asking me to call them and see when they were going to light the second half of the fireworks. I think this holiday has moved up on Boston's list because it's all he could talk about for many days before and the few days after.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
3 comments:
I love the pics of the kids konked out. That is so what the 4th of July is about. I know we're old now that we don't appreciate fireworks on the nights leading up to the 4th because it means kids will be staying up late..again, Whether it be from fear or enjoyment, one way or another, those fireworks are keeping the kids up until 11 each night. I'm over the ooohing and ahhhing now, ready for decent bed times.
Must be something about celebrating big holidays that when it rains it pours. We celebrate Canada Day on the 1st of July and we ended having a minor state of emergency here. The rain poured steady for 1 hour. We lucked out not too much water in our basement.
WOW! What an ordeal! I'm glad that she is okay. When my brother was little I acidentaly closed his fingers in a door and it cut them off. They sewed them back on and you can never tell that anything happened.
I had some internet "minutes" to use on the boat- bought a package, so I thought i'd check and see what was going on at home... See you soon!
Hope that she is feeling much better!
Post a Comment