Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pinewood Derby Remix




Trevor signed up to go to the district Pinewood Derby and it was an ALL day event over at a local elementary school. Man, there were tons of cars to race, but when it was finally Trevor's turn, he came in first place out of all four of his heats. Since they give out first, second, and third based on time (pretty high tech set up by the way), he didn't place, but felt good about winning his heats. I heard Zane and Trevor talking about what they needed to do even better next year and it even including a trip to Home Depot yesterday afternoon where Zane showed Trevor which tools he needed to buy. These purchases will be VERY important for father/son bonding for sure!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Way to go Trevor! It sounds like your car was a lot faster than Olivia's watermelon shaped car. Fruit shaped cars can be fast. She's thinking of a banana for next time. Or how about a bunch of grapes?

Noelle said...

Congratulations Trevor! I love fast cars!

Jen said...

Way to go Trevor! You're car was awesome, and I'm glad I got to see it in person. You are a great cub scout!

Cheryl said...

He's such a handsome kid! Way to go at district. His car must be awesome!

Trey's next races have been announced, but an all day thing sounds like torture to me. I'll hope they forget and we (more like I) don't have to go.

Vicki said...

Way to go Trevor!!! I'll bet that was so fun to see all those other "cubs" with their cars.

We're dead for the next 6 years racing against the Underwood boys. First Ben against Trevor, then Sam (against Boston). Maybe, Rusty can come and get a tutorial from Bro. Underwood. It's a good thing The O'Brien's love those Underwood boys!!!

Trevor is the best example of good "sportsmanship."