That wraps up our Easter weekend. We always dye eggs the Saturday night before. This time we invited Maresa Gabay to come and dye them with us and since we added a few more to the party, we threw in a an egg hunt as well that night. We had this egg dying kit that made the eggs all swirly. I had a hard time wanting to eat them later because they were so pretty. I did get over that, eventually. Later Sue and I filled the plastic eggs with money, candy, and hid a few Rice Krispie treats as well. Of course, I didn't buy any sugar free candy for Gage, but Sue and Maresa came with plastic eggs full of some just for Gage that we marked with a big G. Thanks friends! Gage thought this was the best thing ever - the hunt, not necessarily the sugar free candy. Mallory found a few as well, while Trevor, Boston, and Maresa thought this was a timed event. They won the race if that's what it was. It was fun to watch.
The next morning on Easter, the bunny had hid the baskets well. Boston helped everyone find their own before he was able to find his. Mallory was the one who actually crawled in the coat closet and found Boston's (with a little help from Zane). The bunny brought a lot clay and crafts in the baskets. He must be trying to spark some imagination in the kids and help them make some decisions sometimes that don't include video games. Thanks Easter Bunny - quack quack (old commercial).
Sunday was very nice at church and we came home and had a great dinner with Betty. It included the traditional meal of flank steak and hot dogs - acutally a new tradition just started this year. We didn't have a dessert planned, so Zane and I quickly made some cream puffs which were gobbled down in like 2 seconds. I ate most of them - did I mention I was on South Beach? Ha - not on Easter weekend I'm not.
Now the baskets have been put away, the grass cleaned up and most of the hard boiled eggs eaten. Now all we need is for spring to show itself a little more. Bring on the sun!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
8 comments:
I hope you get some good weather soon. I just realized from your pics that your egg hunt was indoors.
little Mallory sure loves bunnies!
I love that the easter bunny brought crafts this year. I may have to borrow that idea for our house next year. I can't wait for spring either.
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We'll have to stop by next year to taste your traditional hot dog Easter dinner.
What a responsible Easter bunny.
I want some sun too! We have had near non-stop rain for the past 2 days. Gloomy.
Loved all your holiday pics! So fun that Mallory got in on the action. Hope Boston didn't mind a bit of help from his sister.
Love the steak and hot dog meal. We would eat well at your house. Glad Betty came over and shared the day with you.
And really, who wouldn't gobble down all your cream puffs. I know, I've had them.
Miss you!
PS Got your message, sorry I have called you back. Yesterday was INSANE (cleaning/baseball). I'll call you today. Next week is our spring break. I'll call and plan a visit!
haven't call you back. (I can't read or type...)
I loved Mallory's dress. The pictures of her and the bunny are priceless. Your egg hunt was awesome. I also think hot dogs for Easter dinner is a great traditions:)
Post a Comment