This has been a good mail week. When so many others weeks are just full of bills and flyers, this week has beat them all. I got my apron from the Sassy Apron Swap. It is very cute and I LOVE the colors. The next swap starts April 1st and you can sign up here. Totally fun and totally worth it. Thanks Jill M. for my apron!
Then, today we hit the mother load. Okay, really there was no mother load, but my mother (aka mom) sent this little tiny sweater she knitted for Mallory and when I opened it I just began to sob. She is so sweet and I was so tired today from getting a church assignment done and it came at the right time. I feel so blessed to have a mom who sends out packages when they are not expected and something wonderful is inside. It makes living so far away from my family just a little bit easier. I always act like it is no big deal to live so far away, but sometimes (a lot of times) it just is and knowing that I will probably never live close to them breaks my heart. But, thank goodness I LOVE KY and my in laws and all my dear dear friends. That makes it so much better. Thank you mom for the sweater. Yes, I do know that Mallory is supposed to wear a shirts under it because it's a cardigan, but I thought that I would quickly try it on her and take a quick picture. Look how much she likes it!
And, I got a tiny package full of some of my favorites - Jumbo Ric Rac from my sister in law, Shannon. I love ric rac and this jumbo stuff is hard to find and she has a little quilt store down the street from her that sells it and she just sent me a package of it by surprise. Boy, I love these surprises.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
Good mail is the BEST! I love your apron. Totally cute. I was hoping you got a fun one since the one you sent of was darling.
What a gorgeous sweater and handmade with love. Your mom has real talent, but you already knew that.
I love getting unexpected packages in the mail. For that matter I love getting expected packages in the mail, but the unexpected ones are especially fun. That is so sweet that your Mom made Mallory a sweater.
I love your apron. I am just not creative enough to make one for a complete stranger. I agree about the jumbo rick rack.
Sweet mommy! One day you may find an unexpected package from me. Oh, I guess if I tell you, it won't be unexpected. Drats! Forget I said anything.
Love ya!
I hope your enrichment went okay. I know the relief that is felt when it is all over; at least until it is time to plan the next one. I don't know how anyone did the once a month thing!!!! I have been so busy the past week just trying to catch up on my life and family and house because it got put off for enrichment stuff. Whew! Worth it, but so busy. I know you said you did a play of some kind. Sounds great. Will you send me some kind of package? I never get mail:)
Post a Comment