Family traditions are wonderful - especially family traditions that involve getting treats from my mom in the mail. I think we have received Valentines from Grandma Julie (I know they're from you too dad) since I was a student at BYU. Of course, she wasn't Grandma Julie then, but my mom, and now the kids have come to depend on this special treat from grandma each Valentines. Zane was sent a Valentines package the February that we were engaged and he has come to look forward to these as well. This year the kids got their candy and dug in very quickly. Trevor dug in so quickly that one of the first Skittles that he ate pulled out a tooth that wasn't even that loose. He had just last the opposite canine the night before (I teased him that he was just trying to make some quick cash!). Mallory got the bonus treats with 2 knitted items - a hat and a shrug. Lucky girl. Gage got his sugar free gummy bears and I got a package of Abba Zabas. Do you know what those are? One of my favorites. Glad mom knew that. I hope she knows that she has already won our love, but she can keep up this tradition for good measure!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment