For the past five years or so we have been having a Valentines Dinner that includes the whole family. Why just celebrate the holiday with one person you love when you can include them all? Plus, I have a crowd issue and you know, Valentines Day and restaurants? So, we decorate the dinner table with red and pink and try to include some of those colors in our menu. This year was steak (we left the center pink!), tomato basil soup, french fries (for the littlest), baked potatoes, strawberries, and cherry lime-ades. We decorated sugar cookies for dessert. I hope the kids enjoy this each year and it's one of those memory makers. You never know with boys because they don't say much and Trevor even said that he didn't want to celebrate Valentines this year. It was late at night when he said that and he was tired. But, you know, as the mom, you still want to have a little fun because frankly, most of the other days aren't so much that way. For the record, I had fun. I did. I love the holiday. Who wouldn't love a holiday that involved sweets, hearts, and the color red? So, let's hope the kids had as much fun as I did!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
3 comments:
Your kids will always remember those special dinners with great love for the special way you treat your family.
Mom's right. That's how the whole Christmas Eve pajamas tradition came into play.
You guys look like you had a lot of fun. Did you perhaps save any sugar cookies?
Holy crap... light bulb just went on. I have Malory in nursery!!! Duh! Your hubby comes in for music time with us. I feel SOOO stupid! I Never made the connection! Your hubby should know who I am... the crazy lady who's obsessed with the monkey song! I LOVE your daughter!!! When your hubby sneaks out I am always holding her and singing with her! You have to bring her the next time you visit me!
Post a Comment