So, Trevor asked if we had anything exciting planned for today. I said, "No, unless you plan it." Well, it looks like he did, but he will never admit it. We were outside filling up the blow up pool just before heading to Costco when I realized that someone shut the door (it was Trevor) and the handle was locked from the inside. At first, I said, "who locked the door?" Trevor said that he shut it, but didn't lock it. I realized that I must have done it the night before. Then, as I went through the thought process of how the heck we were going to get in, I realized there was no other way. We hadn't opened the front door yet (it was about 10:30 am) and it had a dead bolt and a child lock. I hadn't opened the door out to the garage yet and it had a dead bolt and the knob was locked as well. Okay, I started to go around checking all the windows. Nope - they were all locked up. We were sure safe last night and I didn't even realize it. Okay, on the plus side, everyone was dressed (except for me) and fed so we could last a little while. I was determined to find a way in and not bother any neighbors and not let this turn in to a "thing." Well, 3 hours later - okay, let me back up....after carrying my kids around with me to 3 houses, we finally found our backyard neighbor home. She let us borrow her phone. Zane's cell was dead and he wasn't really available to come help anyway, but I still wanted to call him to complain. That was a no go. My mother in law was at work about 1/2 hour away and she really isn't supposed to leave because she is a house sitter in a model home. I did call her just to see if there was even a slight chance that she could save us. After thinking of a plan, she managed to get out of there and come to us. But, once she arrived, she realized she didn't have our key on her key chain anymore. I sent the older boys with her to look at her house for the key and just prayed the whole time that they would find it. About an hour later (it was probably just 45 minutes, but in this case I get to round up), they came back with the key. We were saved and I was so grateful to be back in this messy house. It was 1:30 so Gage needed food and Mallory was sooooo ready for her nap. While outside, the boys filled up the pool, they swam in their clothes, we played baseball, we swung in the hammock, on the swings, and dodged cicadas. We did just about everything we could possible do and even checked all the raspberry bushes for fruit with no luck. All in all, I guess someone had something exciting planned for the day, it just wasn't me.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
4 comments:
Oh Traci, we've had that happen, $80 later, and 30 seconds of work, we were back into our home. I LOVE your perspective on things. You are so great and so funny. I'm glad you survived!
Ha ha ha! That's so funny! At least someone little like Mallory wasn't locked in by themselves.
Oh my gosh that stinks. You should have called us and I could have come and got you. The wierd thing is my boys begged to play with your boys yesterday, but I was too busy doing cub camp stuff and told them another day. They were probably inspired. . .if they would have been here you wouldn't have been locked out. I should have listened.
Way to make a day of it.
Traci-
I am finally sending you a message. You are so cute. That would so happen to me! I'm glad you survived your 3 hours of hanging out before going to a neighbor. I would have given up and bugged them long before. I miss you. Mia was just telling one of her friends the other day that she had a friend named Boston and she knew how to spell it! Of course she spelled it wrong, but I didn't have the heart to tell her!
Post a Comment