Pinewood Derby results are in....it was a silver medal for Trevor's fast looking car. His car did great and tied for first and lost in a raceoff to a car that looked like an army tank. That tank was some fierce competition. He did get an award for the "FASTEST LOOKING CAR." In the end, Trevor and Zane had a great time designing and adding the final touches (rocket boosters) on to make it look as fast as it was.
Mallory got to dig in to cake Friday night and wasn't too sure if it was "her thing!" She did it slowly and happily at first, but eventually didn't like the idea of being all sticky and dirty. I thought it was cute, but eventually gave in and got her out and gave her a bath. Happy First Birthday!
We got a package in the mail on Friday and it was from Grandma Julie. She sent hats that she made for the boys and Mallory's birthday present. All were handmade goodies that we are so thankful for. The hats fit perfect and should really help on those cold mornings at the bus stop. The gift for Mallory was opened last night and it a beautiful quilt perfect for a little girl. The colors are so sweet and I can't believe how tiny the squares in it are. Way to go mom!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
Traci-
I love Mallory's face in the cake picture. It reminds me of how Owen and Mylee were. I don't know if you've read my blog, but Hallie was actually my first kid to love the cake. Happy Birthday to Mallory! Wow, what a quick year. She is such a little cutie. Too bad Lyndsie and I aren't there. I would love our little gals to play together.
What cute cupcakes (And Mallory, I am like you--I do not like pink frosting all over me for very long!). The quilt is BEAUTIFUL! What an amazing present,
Trevor, when I made my pinewood derby car for school, it was shaped like a watermelon!
Love, Olivia
I LOVE Trevor in our pack! I was so proud of him the night of pinewood when right before the race off he went and told the other scout "good luck!" (when I'm sure he really wanted to win). His car WAS FAST looking. Thanks for being such a great scout and friend to my son and all the other scouts. Vicki
GOOD TIMES! I loved Trevor's car- we cut out most of Trey's last night. Trev looks so OLD! All your kids you actually. And to think I've only not seen them for a few months!
I LOVED Mallory's cupcakes. Darling! You are so creative. You must take after your mother. The hats are darling. She is amazing and the quilt it beautiful. Wow. Such tiny squares. I can't begin to think how much time that would take to piece together. That is why they are gifts of love!
Post a Comment