
I never thought Mallory would be a year old, but she made it and so did we. Even though it sped by a lot has changed in a year - mostly my thoughts on girls:
1. Girls have accessories - whether it be barrettes, head bands, or just ruffles on their jeans. I didn't realize this was another world and that I would give in to it.
2. Mallie looks like a girl now, but for the first few weeks of her life, I thought I still had a boy. She looked like all three of the boys when they were newborns and besides the evidence in the diaper change, I still wasn't quite sure this was a girl.
3. I can't tell if it's because she is the baby of the family or because she is a girl, but she loves to be held and talked to ALL the time. Okay, that's not too hard for me to do - talk - but I run out of things to say to a baby who doesn't talk back.
4. I love a girl more than I thought I would. I didn't think that I wouldn't love her, only that it might take more effor than it has. I do love her not any more than the boys, but I am grateful for the chance to love a girl.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Mallie-Mae! We waited too long to call you and we knew you'd be in bed by the time all of us were home. Sorry! We were thinking of you! Hope it was a fun day!
I had Mallory's birthday on my ME calendar... her birthday is the same day as Alan's nephew's so I will always remember it!
It's amazing how quick the time passes. I look at Spencer now with this ache in my heart as he grows - I know I shouldn't but I find myself looking at him and wondering where my baby has gone now he's a little man... :(
Has it really been a whole year?! She is so beautiful and sweet and happy and I wish I was still a 3 mintue drive away so I could have her over to play often.
Hope the day was perfect. We were thinking of you!
Post a Comment