Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Me and Richard Simmons

I have decided I need music. I think that I forgot that I even like music because I forget to turn it on. But, when I do, I am like a whole different person. I don't have an IPod, which I know...makes me so LAME. But, eventually I will. I have decided that I am going to turn on my favorite music around 3 or 4 or maybe even 5pm (you know - that hard time of the day when kids are tired, you are tired, and you aren't sure when you husband might walk through the door for some relief) and just dance. I might even look like Richard Simmons with his "Dancing to the Oldies" because I plan on getting in shape this way. What could be better - music and the benefit of exercise to go with it. Try it! It really works for the spirit and the shape. It might even make you feel like you are a real person who has an opinion and who was maybe even cool in the day (and secretly thinks they might be now). I even have it playing now and I just might be COOL.

8 comments:

Marla said...

When Davey was a baby everytime I'd feed him I'd blast Kelly Clarksons Breakaway album...that is why Gracee is so good at karaoking 'Since U Been Gone'. We would dance around the island in our kitchen and sing and dance. The kids loved it. I think you're right - I need to do that more too.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I agree. That is one thing I love (and miss) about the holidays, I always had music playing and we were always singing and dancing around the house. It was a great stress reliever and the girls would get a good laugh out of mommy and her crazy dance moves. You should see my high kick with a twist. ;)

Julie said...

Do you remember dancing to "September" by Earth, Wind and Fire? That was fun! Love, Mom

~jen said...

so, I just turn your blog on and listen to your tunes when I need music. (the last house had a built in radio, so we don't have one anymore-or a stereo) Thanks for keeping me rockin' =)

Karyn said...

Please tell me you aren't trying to lose weight? You were tiny in the last photos you sent me...

Kristine said...

Okay, so I will be really impressed when I see you dancing in the same pink & white striped shorts that Richard is so famous for....

traci said...

It was "Sweating to the Oldies" not "Dancing to the Oldies" that my friend Richrad produced. I guess I am going to have to dance around a little more to work up a good sweat. And, yes, I might be sporting some red and white silky shorts. I will have to dig through my closet to see what I have!

Cheryl said...

I think you should be on the next ESPN ad with him.

Camera one, camera three. Camera one, camera three.

Feel the burn- Da Da Da! Da Da Da!

You are so dang funny. I love you and that we are both a bit nutty!