Monday, January 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas


Zane just returned from a week long trip to Las Vegas for the International Builders Show. His company, Urbane Homes, was nominated for two awards through EVHA and won silver in both of those categories. They didn't win People's Choice, but thanks to everyone who voted. Check out the link to see their awards and their competition! The entire week was spent making contacts and finding new information to improve their houses. When I talked to Zane each day, I think it was the happiest I have heard him in a long time when it comes to work. It was a very successful and exciting trip. I, on the other hand, got to have my mom fly out for the week to babysit me. When we realized that I couldn't go out with him, he called my mom and asked her to come for the week. I don't think she realized that it would be 20 degrees here while it was in the high eighties in San Diego, but she was still happy to come. We had a great time crafting, making chocolate molten cakes, and playing with the kids. We did other things, but those were the highlights. I even knitted a heart shaped pot holder with a lot of help and encouragement from my mom. I realized what a great friend I have in my mom and am so thankful for any time I get to spend with her. We were all happy to have Zane home on Saturday. I am glad that he doesn't travel for his job because it is so much nicer to have him here.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Congratulations, Zane! It's good to see things coming along for you and your business.