Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hiking Torrey Pines on New Years Day

What do I miss about San Diego besides my family? The beach. When we went on a family hike of Torrey Pines on New Years Day I realized it even more. It was so beautiful. When we were at a lookout point looking over the ocean I said to my mom, "We're coming here for a month this summer." Okay, I don't know if that will happen, but a girl can dream. Kory, Erika and Zellie came down from Long Beach to spend the day with us as well and that was so much fun seeing Zellie and Gage getting along, hanging out. It was a gorgeous day and after hiking around we went down to the beach. Trevor and Boston collected seashells, Gage built a sand castle and Mallory fell in the water. As soon as she fell in and began to cry, we stripped her down, wrapped her up and headed home. Even though it was a warm day, the water was freezing!














8 comments:

Julie said...

You live here for so long that you forget that there is such beauty in a simple hike above the beach! We should do that more often. Thanks for all the pictures.

jamie said...

i love your pics! I want to go to the beach with my camera! I love the one with you clicking your heels. classic!

Tanya said...

I'm so glad you included the one with you clicking your heels -- that's my fave! I'm going to have to get some of these pics from off your page. Between you and Mauri, I won't feel too bad that I didn't have my camera. Yes, please come for a month this summer. That would be THE BEST!!!

Vicki said...

Traci, I'm so glad you got to go "home" for the new year. It looks like so much fun and WARM. We missed you.

Jen said...

Oh, how the warmth calls my name. I'm glad you got to enjoy your family and fun stuff. It looked beautiful! Your family is growing up!

Holly said...

So, so, so, so ,SO wish I could have been there. Oh, how I miss the beach! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Janet said...

Oh...San Diego! It was so good to see you on New Year's Eve. Even though it wasn't a long visit at least we were able to hang out for a little while. :)
Traci, you are so talented and creative and you always have been! Thanks for your great ideas on your Amazing Mae sight as well. Maybe I'll win one of your freebies...Love ya!

Cheryl said...

What a trip! There's nothing like going home to see family, especially when it involves warm weather and a beach!

I loved all of the photos. San Diego is just such a gorgeous place. Yes, I can say that about Kentucky too (esp. in horse country), but it's just different.

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing you last night. Man, I wish I was just still down the street, but I'm am grateful I am still close enough to hop in the car, spend the night with you and be able to drive home and sleep in my own bed. Not a bad set up.

I loved the play. Thank you for arranging baby sitters, pick up food and for driving downtown. What a night of wonderful memories.

Love you!!!