Sunday, November 30, 2008

So What Did You Do This Thanksgiving Weekend?


I thought it would be a calm Thanksgiving weekend due to our lack of plans and guests for the big day. Parts of it were. Other parts not so much. We got our new counter tops (after a year of pulled apart ones) on Wednesday night and they were here until 10 pm putting them in. Because they cut the hole out for the sink here at the house everything was covered in this light dust which I stayed up until midnight trying to clean up. Well worth any mess and any sleep given up. Things were crazy here Thanksgiving Day and not because we had a house full of house guests. We had a house full of Underwoods - just the usual ones (us and grandma) The boys were a bit at each others' necks and by the time we ate, Gage and Boston were no where to be found. I guess that's the blessing of just having one Thanksgiving guest, there was no pressure to all sit at the table with cute place settings. But, on the other hand, I might invite more friends next year just so that maybe my boys will want to sit at the table with someone other than those they sit with everyday. Zane hit the sales the next day because I am too fear full of crowds to do it! We managed to get our Christmas tree, decorate it, put the lights on the house, and ask a kind doctor to stitch up Mallory's chin. Yes, you read right, Mallory needed to be stitched up again. And, yes, it involved a chair. We are seriously considering going chair less around here. So, we had some crazy moments due to cabin fever, but there were plenty of sweet moments (hearing the uncontrollable laughter come from the boys as they watched "Home Alone 2", decorating the tree, decorating our graham cracker houses).

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Sounds like a fun holiday!! No Thanksgiving for us this month but I did still manage to put up the tree with the help of 3 very eager children and the outdoor lights myself a feat for me considering our ladder weighs a ton!

Monica said...

Mallory, Mallory, Mallory...wow! Does she hold the record for the most stitches in your family? That girl!

Brett and Amy said...

Poor Mallory, she's going to be one tough cookie. I'll tell you one thing we didn't do this Thanksgiving...eat some of your yummy sweet potatoes. Boy, did we miss them.