Saturday, November 22, 2008

T and B's Birthday - the celebrations

It gets a bit hard each year to make each of the boys feel special on their birthdays when they are back to back. We either go all out for Trevor's and then lose steam by Boston's or the other way around. This year it was a family party year, so they had to celebrate it with good ol' family (and the Mortensons). On T's birthday (the 18th), Zane woke the boys up really early and took them out to breakfast at the Waffle House before school. Then, I took Gage and Mallory to school to meet T with a Fillet O Fish from McDonalds for lunch. When he came home from school we had rented "Kung Fu Panda" and the boys watched that while I made cinnamon rolls for T to take to cub scouts with him. We let them open one gift each which was a pair of BYU flannel pjs and shirts. Then, on B's birthday we ate cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Zane brought him a hot apple pie from McDonalds at lunch. We took the rest of their gifts to Red Robin where we met the Mortensons and Grandma Betty for dinner. Since I had no milk or eggs in the house that day I couldn't make them a cake, so we let the lovely servers of Red Robin sing to them and bring them ice cream sundaes to celebrate. Flat Stanley (a nephew's school project) came too making a great time all around.
Flat Stanley being smooshed at the Waffle House
Future Cougars - B and T in their BYU pjs
Back of pjs with their names on their shirts
T, Andrew, B, and Sydney at Red Robin
Gage and Kari
Messy faced Mallory
T and his card from grandpa
B and his card from grandpa

Boston and Trevor
Flat Stanley at Red Robin

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Happy Birthday Trevor and Boston! Looks like you guys had fun. I love the matching BYU T's!

Cheryl said...

I am dying that we didn't even call. I knew they were coming up last Sunday and then spaced it. I remembered last night and had a panic attack.

Look for something in the mail from us.

We love you guys!

Happy B-day B and T. Miss you!

Julie and Matt said...

It looks like they had a fun b-day! I always think of your boys' birthdays since Chase's is November 17. I love that Flat Stanley got to come along for the birthday festivities! It sounds like Zane makes a lot of trips to McDonalds! Tell the boys happy b-lated b-days from the Martinez's!