I have been tagged by Miss Mort on the paid jobs that I have had in my life -
1. Baskin Robbins - I worked here during my senior year in high school. We used to sample the ice cream all night long. I picked the peanut butter out of the pb fudge and ate it and ate more than my share of daiquri ice!
2. Swenson's Ice Cream Parlor - I thought that when I came home from the summer after my freshman year at BYU I would stick with what I knew - ice cream. I made so many sundeas that summer and never ate a one because I had gained the freshman 15 or 20 and was trying to lose it. Oh, I wish I could go back in time and eat one of those sundaes I missed out on.
3. BYU Grounds Crew - Yes, this is where I met my husband. When I got a job there my junior year at BYU I had heard a lot about this guy Zane who used to work there, but was on his mission. My boss had even named one of his sons after Zane. My job was to paint the football field and other sports fields. I loved it. We were outside all day and we worked on our tans and talked. Well, my senior year, I decided that I wanted to work there again. When I called to see if there was a spot available, my boss said yes. Zane was in the office with my boss at that time I called. When Todd, my boss, hung up the phone, he turned to Zane and said, "I give it 3 months." He was talking about the length of time it would take for Zane to ask me out. It was 3 months almost to the day and he asked me out on our first date. 6 weeks later we were engaged. He was enough!!
4. The Cruise Company of San Diego - wanted a dip my toes in the travel business and got my fill - almost.
5. Which leads to....Marriott - travel center
6. Which ends with...International Cruises and Tours - setting up cruises to China and other parts of Asia. I quit this job during Zane's last semester at BYU and found out I was pregnant with Trevor a few weeks later. Ahhh...now I can go on to the easy life of just being a mother. That was my thought and believe me...it has changed. Life is not easy, but it sure is exciting with these KIDS - the best job ever! (most of the time)
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
Well, now I know who to contact when I have a sudden desire to take a trip to China (not happening any time in the near future.) But, I'll go out with you and help you fulfill your sundae craving anytime! It was fun to hear about your "paying" jobs!
Traci!!! I'm on to you! I can't believe you finally broke down. I think you'll really like it. I transferred your toffee recipe to my recipe box yesterday -- can't wait to try it. I miss seeing you twice a week!
next party your scoopin the ice cream! :-)
Loved the list and was so happy that I knew all of them. Someday we will all go on a cruise and eat lots and lots of ice cream together and then go to a BYU football game, and not pick up our trash because someone needs a job!
Love ya!
(Sorry I had to delete the first. I stopped mid way to get the girls and when I posted it didn't quite make sense!)
Post a Comment