I don't have much to write, but am looking for a reason to add some photos. Two weeks ago we went to Nashville for the weekend and it was quite the break we needed. I didn't even want to go because Zane needed to look at a cabinet company and trim company and what was I going to do in Nashville for four hours with the kids? Well, we met up with the Gilberts and hung out with their family and it was great. The next day we went to a Civil War Battlefield and Zane realized that his great,great grandfather fought in the battle there at Stone's River Battlefield in Kentucky's Orphan Brigade. They were called the Orphan Brigade because when KY finally sided with the Union (they were neutral for so long) some men in the south part of the state went and signed up with the Confederate Amy. They were considered orphans because they didn't side with their mother (the State of KY). We also went the the Parthenon. A replica of the real Greek one and it is cool and to the historic city of Franklin. That night we did the only thing that Boston wanted to do the whole time in Nashville - EAT AT THE RAIN FOREST CAFE! We went there two years ago and Boston was afraid of the gorillas and he wanted to prove that he liked the place now. So, we had a sweet final meal before heading back to KY. All in all, it was a great way to start off Fall Break considering it rained the entire week after we came back. I was glad we at least got one fun thing in during that school vacation. For all you who haven't been to Nashville, you better kick up your heels and scoot on down.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
4 comments:
Hey Traci
Keep up the work with the blog... I am loving being able to read what you are up to and especially love looking at your photos... and there are even ones of you in there!!
Be sure to keep me posted when you've updated your page!
Hey Traci
Keep up the work with the blog... I am loving being able to read what you are up to and especially love looking at your photos... and there are even ones of you in there!!
Be sure to keep me posted on your site!
Karyn xox
Traci-
I am so excited that you are bloggin. It is fun to check and see an update. Your family is goregous. Thanks for sharing!
Look at your long hair! I love it. I am glad I got to see the pics of your fun trip down south. We'll have to do that together sometime, or even better get a cabin at Cumberland Falls in the summer! We'll plan!
Post a Comment