Be warned, this new hair cut is pretty severe. And, for the record, it was given to her by her five year old brother. I knew they were quiet upstairs for way too long. To say I freaked out would be an understatement. But, after a bit of perspective and a hairstylist that helped Mallory make a pretty good recovery with a comb over, we are all doing much better. I was trying to figure out why I was so upset about the incident besides the initial shock of the situation I had found. Did I care so much about my little girls looks? Did I think Gage hadn't listened to anything he had been taught? Was a five year old supposed to know better? Did I worry about what everyone would think of not only the hair cut, but judge Gage as well? I think it was a combination of all these. So, when I asked Gage why he did it he said, "Her hair was always in her face and I asked her if she wanted me to help her with it and she said 'yes.'" Well, we still had a long discussion about who uses the scissors and who cuts hair, but in the end I realize that he was trying to help, but just not the right way (in a really really wrong way). I am gaining perspective and I think the Lord keeps throwing things at me to see how I will react with my children. Someday I am going to be able to see the hindsight in the front as I approach the situation. It's a slow process. But, for now, at least I recover (semi) quickly. So, here are some photos of my very beautiful girl. We kept telling her that all day because she kept saying, "It's not ugly, it's pretty." Yes dear, your hair and you are very very pretty.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
7 comments:
I am just waiting for that exact thing to happen at our house! So far Rawley has kept the scissors to his own head though!
Very pretty! Mallory looks just like Zane in the bottom picture. Yes, time will definitely give you some perspective! Remember when Olivia cut her own hair when we lived in Ann Arbor? That's why Olivia had a boy's haircut for a very long time.
I spoke with Gage today at church and he told me all about it! He's so dang cute...so is Mallory! It's a good thing she is too cute or this could have been a much worse disaster! :) We love the underwood's! Thanks for being an awesome chorister! Beau is truly going to miss you!
We call that a "mullette". If you say it with a French accent, it doesn't sound so bad. That hairstylist deserves a raise! She did a wonderful job...Mallory looks so cute!
I just laugh at all of these hair cutting stories. It is such a common thing. She is still darling mullet and all! Good luck with the grow out!!
Yes- of course she is still beautiful! Doesn't gage's logic make perfect common sense when you think about it?
She looks so much like Zane in the last picture- okay and Boston too.
Ohhh she looks adorable. She certainly is growing up!
Post a Comment