Sunday, November 1, 2009

Field Trip to the Fire House



All the way to school that day Gage noticed all the yellow buses we passed. He would say, "I bet that bus is going on a field trip." Maybe. It was his first time he was going on a bus and I think he was a bit excited. I got to go with him on the field trip to the McMahan Firestation. The firemen did a great job at showing these kids so many exciting things. They dressed up in their fire gear to help eliminate any fears the kids might have of them in these get ups. Once the fireman put on the mask, I was a little scared. One fireman climbed up the huge extension ladder and I got got nervous just looking at him. Then, all the kids got to spray the huge fire hose. Highlight of the day!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Traci - I am very much missing you and your sweet family. Glad to see that life can, amazingly, go on without me.... :(