Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Down, One To Go

the before smile

not quite ready yet

dad attempts to take it out

his new toothless grin - can't open his eyes with the flash!

the baby tooth

It was hanging by a thread for several days.  Zane and I kept asking if we could wiggle it and he was having none of that.  He said he would work on it on his own.  After many days (okay, just 3 or 4), he said he would let us help.  So, last night, we delicately went to work on removing one of Boston front teeth.  First Zane pulled and couldn't quite get it.  That freaked Boston out a bit and we had to put some Oragel on it in order to calm him down.  Finally, Zane convinced me that I had the right fingers to do it.  I was a bit hesitant as well, but with one little pull it was finally out.  He was so excited and a bit surprised.  He has the cutest smile now and the other front tooth is now hanging by a thread as well.  He said we can work on that tomorrow night! 

3 comments:

Julie said...

I wish I could get a hold of that other tooth. I "helped" a lot of teeth when you guys were younger. How much is the tooth fairy bringing these days?

Cheryl said...

Boston, you are handsome with our without teeth. Good luck with the next pull tonight.

Again, I NEVER called you back after I hung up on you to talk to my dad. Sorry. I'll try you again today.

Caitlin said...

Mom was always good at pulling those puppies out. It must be an genetically inherited trait... magic fingers!