Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ahhh... The Joy of Motherhood


I do love being a mother and I am working on liking it more when times are rough.  I have a great example in my mother.  I am trying to be more like her everyday.  I love her tons.  I love my children tons as well.  This morning, with the help of their dad, they brought me breakfast in bed.  They do it every year and it's is always a huge breakfast - so huge, that they sit in bed and eat along with me.  I like this tradition a lot.  Along with breakfast comes a card that each child signs. They all say sweet things.  This year I got a card with lots of sweet and a little advice.  The advice came from my seven year old with freckles.  Can you guess who?  

He said, "Mom, you are the greatest mom in a million of mom's.  Mom sometimes you yell at me. It hurts my feelings. That is something to work on.  Your a great mom. "  (His spelling)  

So, I have things  to work on, but I am still loved.  That's about all I can ask for.  

3 comments:

Monica said...

I LOVE IT!! Totally cracks me up. I would hate to get a report card...especially mother's day morning!

Melanie Smith said...

I forgot to wish you happy mother's day when I spoke with you yesterday. You are a good mom and I agree, we have an awesome mom! Love the advice. I'm sure I'd get the same.

Tanya said...

I hate when I forget to change my login. It's Tanya, not Melanie.