This is Gage's first time playing baseball and he is digging every moment of it. He is on the blue team and is playing in the rookie machine pitch league. That means that he gets 5 pitches from the machine and if he doesn't hit one, they bring out the tee. His team named themselves the Tigers. During his game last Tuesday, I ran Mallory to the snack bar. When I was walking back, a lady ran up to me asking if I was Gage's mom. I had things running through my head that had to do with low blood sugar. But, then I saw him in the duggout with a big bag of ice on his lip and I felt so bad for the little guy. The sun was setting while he was playing first base. A player threw it to him and he couldn't see with the sun in his eyes, so the ball hit him straight in the face - the upper lip to be exact. When it was his team's turn to bat again, the coach was going to skip him because of his injury and Gage said, (sounding a bit funny from a fat lip) "I still want to bat." And, he did.


Boston is playing baseball for the 6th or 7th time. He is on the red team. I think he has been on a red team 4 times. Makes it easy to find the right color baseball socks in the drawer!! He plays on a team wiht a few friends, including Sam O'Brien. In the Fall league, it's more of a practice, training period. They get to play all positions and it's a great time to play. Since this is the first time he has played kid pitch, it's been nice to let him get used to all the wild pitches. His first time up, he was hit in the back with a pitch. Good to get that over with in the beginning! He has even had a chance to pitch himself which I think he really enjoyed. He did great for his first time and through a few strikes. He threw many pitches that were in there which the other players were able to hit. It's been a great Fall at the ball park.




1 comment:
I love all your pictures of the boys! It's fun to see them developing their talents. Poor little Gage's lip.
Post a Comment