Monday, October 4, 2010

Cross Country





Boston is on the cross country team again this Fall at Kenwood Elementary. I am so impressed by the activities they offer at the elementary school. So different than when I was a kid. His team enters about 7 meets for the season - some as far away as Lexington and Bardstown. He couldn't run in the first race, the Rumble Through the Jungle at Creasy Mahan, because we were walking in the Diabetes Walk. Then, the race at Bardstown, the Hillbilly Run, was on a day that I was out of town and Zane had the kids by himself and had 2 baseball games and 2 birthday parties to get them to. But, he did race in a event last week at Crestwood Elementary. It was a mile long and that is the shortest track. He and his friend, Andrew Mortenson, ran great. He has another race this week and it's exciting to see him run. I get tired just watching him and he is so relieved and happy when he finishes.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I wish I were in good shape like Boston. Keep up the good work "B".