I wish I had a picture of us all dressed up in our Sunday Best for Thanksgiving Dinner. It really did happen, but there is a good reason for it. It wasn't what I would have initially picked for an ideal Thanksgiving, but it turned out to be a perfect meal in practically every way. We are kind of sparse on family out here. We haven't always been, but with my mother in law selling her house and traveling around to visit her children for the holidays, my brother and his family moving to Spain for a few years, and with Zane's grandma moving to the Mesonic Home for seniors, there remains my father in law and his wife. They don't like to do much for the holidays, but we asked if they would like to join us for Thanksgiving Dinner. They had a better idea that involved us joining them at the Galt House (a beautiful downtown hotel on the River) for dinner. My father in law said it was Sunday dress and my kids groaned a bit. But, it turned out to be such a treat. It was at the Rivu, one of those fancy white table cloth restaurants. The menu was a traditional Thanksgiving menu which was served family style and we even got sent home with the leftovers. The best part of all - my kids were well behaved. That was a lovely sweet miracle that I am grateful for. I am grateful for so many things this year besides children that sat still for a nano second, but on that day, that was enough.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
2 comments:
That is the kind of Thanksgiving Matt dreams of. He's always asking if we can go out instead of slaving in the kitchen all day. We went to CA this year, so I didn't have to do as much cooking. I wish I could have seen a pic of your family all dolled up!
Wow, that sounds nice. I would have been worried w/Shane and a white table cloth but it sounds like you got an early Christmas present. I'm sure the conversation was lovely also ;( LOL
Post a Comment