Saturday, April 11, 2009

Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt







The Thiesses hosted an Easter Egg Hunt for the neighborhood. We all just brought filled eggs to share and they hid them throughout their backyard. Each child had a limit of 12 and went crazy trying to collect them. Gage was working hard at finding places that others did not to think to check - the gutter for example (where he found two stuffed inside the down spout). Mallory took her own sweet time and just got a few. Trevor felt a bit old, I think, and just got 4 and then said he was done. Boston went searching in a voracious manner trying to reach maximum amount of eggs in the shortest amount of time possible. It was nice to meet some of the neighbors that Zane and I had never met and the kids loved it too.

3 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

Sounds like fun! So sad when they get too old for Easter egg hunts. What's cooler than looking in under planters for candy?

Jessie said...

Fun! I love that Gage had a pink bucket too!

Tanya said...

That's funny that Trevor felt too old because we told Olivia she was too old and she begged to come. However, she did ask me to hold her basket when we were there, but I told her she wanted to come so she had to hold it. Olivia's fighting the growing up thing. She still wants to be included with the kids. I was laughing at Devin because of his disappointment over not getting a candy filled Easter basket this year. I bet he would've gone on the hunt if we asked.