I never (almost never) write anything too personal because for 1.) I can never express myself the way I want and 2.) I read it back and cringe because it's so personal and I don't like how I sound. It's like hearing your voice on an answering machine -yuck. But, today I am not going to erase this one. Although, my hands are sweating right now as I type. I just wanted to write about how blessed I have been with friends in my life. Okay, so cheesy, I know. It's like the people at EFY who would bare their testimony and say how much they loved everyone. I had a hard time with those ones. But, lately I have been feeling like I do have people in my life or have had people in my life that are there for a reason. They practically read my mind and come to the rescue at just the right time whether it be a phone call, words in passing, or an incredible act of service. I am always sad to see the ones that live near me move and I try to act like it is no big deal because I will always see them again. But it is a big deal. I don't like it. I actually hate it. I know - hate is a bad word, but I am using it anyway. I am grateful that I have had time to spend with them and I did get to be near them, but I don't like when they leave. Too many have moved and it's not fun, but I do feel like the time that they were in my life was an amazing (I like that word amazing) blessing that I am grateful for. I don't always keep up like I should - I used to be an exceptional pen pal and with pen pals all over the world- but I do always think of them and wish that they knew how much I love and care for them. I have a neighbor now that will be moving next summer and to think of that makes me want to cry. I don't like that AT ALL. Any of you who have moved on me, I am happy that you are moving on and I love that I was just a small part in your path. Those that are still here, I am going to call you more often and make plans to spend time with you just because. So, when you get a phone call from me, you will know that I am trying harder because I love you and want you know it. I am still sweating and slightly cringing at this post, but I am going to post it. I am just such a wimp. It's hard being a nervous nelly all your life, but as with many things in life, there are always opportunities to grow and believe me, I am always faced with many. So, I sweat through them and show myself nervous and all and say...sorry, this is how I come, so take it or leave it. And, for those that take it - thank you so very much.
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
7 comments:
I'm with you on the people leaving part. Us transplants gotta stick together. It is funny to sit and talk to someone now and say, "oh I did that with so and so.." and they look at you like "who?".. You forget how many people have come and gone in and out of our lives in the past 10 years or so. (for that matter how many more will come and go).
You said that you are blessed with good friends- but that is becuase YOU are a good freind. Thoughtful, kind, loving, understanding and patient... I'm not good with the mushy stuff I don't tell my friends how much I appreciate them enough.
I'm glad you didn't delete this post- :-)
oh- and a craft day is in order- I gotta space to do it thanks to this contractor guy you might know :-)
I think that we are truly blessed to have technology in our lives. Because even though there are those of us that do leave the dear friends that we have made during our road to life, we still have amazing ways to keep in touch. I love that you posted this, it makes me remember everyone that welcomed me when I was the newbee in a strange city. Thanks for being the wonderful friend that you are!
Traci,
My dear dear friend, I love you so!
You are truly wonderful and amazing! And, I just had to say so!!
Traci - I am so glad you posted your thoughts! I love to hear them! I totally agree with you...it's hard having friends leave. Brett and I will never be able to afford to move again, so you'll always have us around - whether you like it or not! :) - Love, Kristine
Take it or leave it, Trace? I take it! You know I think you are absolutely awesome. And I love every little nervous nelly part about you.
You were the ONLY person I knew (well, and your hubby) when I moved my family 2000 miles across the country--and you helped me more than you know. Thanks for not deleting the post.
And I hope that means I get a phone call soon. hehe.
Don't know where I fit in there--I didn't really go anywhere. But I'm glad you posted this--it made me cry (good cry).
So, I hope you know I love you the way you are.
HD
So, I have this "neighba lady" that means THE WORLD to me. And I cannot bear to imagine what my life and days will be like without seeing or talking to her at least daily. What will I do when I have to leave this FANTASTICALLY funny, devoted, crafty and talented example? What should I do? Pack each of her sweet kids up and take them with me I think. I know she would follow. She's a good mama like that:). Her kids would want her too. They love her. So do I.
Post a Comment