Man, this day came quick. Was it just me or did the summer end before it even began? According to Trevor is was way too short. He, of course, being the fourth grader was not as excited to go back to school as he has been in the past. He did want to see friends and I think that is the pull that got him up on that first morning. He has the same teacher as last year (Ms. Doseck) which is great because she is a doll. Boston has Ms. Cantrell and has some of his best friends in his class - Liam, Aiden and Jake. That made going back much easier this year. His teacher seems sweet. We made it through the first week and we are all glad that it was only 3 days long. We all couldn't handle much more of that up early business. I can't watch the Olympics until 1 am and expect to be happy when I get up at 6:30 am. By Friday, Boston had lost it he was so tired. So the weekend had perfect timing. Okay, so naps on Sunday to help us prepare for the week ahead -at least that's the (fingers crossed) plan!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
We had more thatn our share of "melt downs" on Friday as well. I'm hoping we can get a good nap, or early to bed on Sunday also.
Trevor's smile in the first picture is too cute.
Ha, ha! Look at those pictures. It's pitch black outside. What time does your bus come? 4 am? :) You need to get on good ol bus 2001.
I can't believe school has already started for you! Mine start in two weeks. I guess I need to take advantage of this time.
Why are these children going to school in the dark? They look so tired too!!! I am a firm believer that school should start AFTER labor day...what is the world coming to?
Love the pictures of the boys. I too laughed at the dark back ground. It's so hard to try to transisiton from summer lifestyle to early start mornings. It's painful for all involved. In fact, after I drive the boys to school, if the girls are still asleep I'll climb back in bed. It's my secret. I would hate for Rich and the boys to know their mom was still sleeping while they were all hard at work.
Post a Comment