Most of you know that Gage, my 3 year old, has juvenile diabetes. Well, yesterday I was going to test his blood sugar and he turned to dad and said all proud, "I get to get tested because I have diabetes." I told him that it wasn't fair and I wish that I had diabetes too. He turned to me and said, "It's okay mom.... maybe you can have diabetes next time." I thought he was so sweet and innocent. He was willing to share, but for now, it was his turn to have it. Well, I am not sure how long this great attitude toward testing and shots and forced feedings (running around after him with a pb&j sandwich) will last, but for now it is for the most part a sweet experience as far as trials go. He is a sweet guy who when he is refused an opportunity to eat a piece of candy that he asks for says, "Ohhhhhh man," just like Swiper the Fox instead of screaming and yelling. Of course that's not every time, but most of the time and I like to remember it that way. Well in this season of candy and good food, I wish all those with diabetes or any type of health issue a blessing of extra health and happiness!
How Did God Bless Me Today?
14 years ago
5 comments:
I do too Traci! Gage is such a cutie. He has done so well. All of you have. What a challenge this has been on the family, but you just keep smiling through it. You are an example to us all. I know this isn't why you posted this, because you are the most non-spotlight seeking girl I know and that my friend shows how humble you are, because you do so many things better than the rest of us.
I am lucky to call you one of my dearest, best friends. I love you!
Merry Christmas!
Cheryl
How sweet! Gage is such a special guy! And he's been sweet to share his tester with us, too...:) - Kristine
I "heart" Gagey!!!
Gage. I sure love that cute little boy! I miss him and all the other little guys in nursery.
And Traci, all I can say is he is SO lucky to have such an incredible mom like you.
Keep the faith! Merry Christmas, Gage!
What a sweet story. Gage will always be my little Obi Wan. You all tackle this with love and courage--your an inspiration!
Post a Comment