Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Birthday Zane



Actually, Zane's birthday was yesterday, but I did want to mention it. See, I didn't write about it yesterday because Christmas Eve is always a BUSY day and a bit hard to celebrate a birthday. It was crazy busy yesterday. Let's just say Zane isn't exactly the easiest person to throw a party for because he just doesn't care about it. Well, the girl in me cares about it a lot and every year we try so hard to make it a special day. He is well worth the stress (mental usually!) and effort. He is the big 34 and well, I can't tease him about it because I follow and become the same age 6 days later. When I talked to him at work when we first met (12years ago), I told him that I didn't want to date anyone younger than me. He then asked how old I was and I said, "21." He asked me when my birthday was and I said, "December 30th." He said, "Good, I am six days older," and then walked away. A few weeks later we were dating and needless to say we were engaged about 4 weeks later. So, 12 years later...I still love him and am lucky to celebrate with him and our four kids. Happy Birthday Zane (yesterday)!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday again, Zane. I still have nightmares about the time a few years ago when I forgot all about your birthday and remembered the next morning on Christmas. I was mortified. Good thing you still claim me. We love you guys a lot, Julie

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Zane (Yesterday)!! We hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I think you are considered middle age now, right?? :)

Logan and Jennilee said...

Happy Birthday to both of yas!!!! We can't wait to see you sometime!