Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of Preschool






To be honest when people would be so excited about their little one's first day of preschool, I would think, "It's just preschool."  I didn't get it.  I had never had any of my children in preschool before and I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I guess I was wrong.  It was a big deal for Gage and me (and even Mallory). Although Gage made the cut off for kindergarten this year, he is staying home because he just needs (and I want) one more year.  After Trevor and Boston started school, I soon realized that he would really do well somewhere besides just at home. I have a really good friend who called up the preschool where her daughter goes and asked if there was an opening and thankfully, there was. Gage was soon signed up for three days a week at preschool. He had his first day on Tuesday and with only a short bout of crying, he got through the day with much success!

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

Congrats Gage and Mallory! Preschool is awesome- days filled with mud pies, monkey bars and ants-on-a-log. They are going to love it!

Brett and Amy said...

Oh, to have real preschool. With loving, kind teachers and silly times. Definately not what's going on in our neck of the woods. Gage is going to love it!

Amy said...

It is a big deal! Congrats, I love it! I think gage is going to have the perfect mix of school time and home time. I missed you at the baseball field but said hello to Boston. You guys are awesome!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

I'm so glad he likes it! It will help make the transition next year so much easier for him.
Kari was an August b-day too (24th) she was barely ready to go and even now is the youngest of all her "crowd"... being older is always a 'good' thing...

I'm going to kidnap you 3 times a week now... he he he

colleen said...

Congrats to Gage!
Gretchen and I were just looking at your pix and she said, "I want to go to their house again! When can I go to their house again?" I think I'll have to call you soon! :)