Saturday, December 4, 2010

Making Sleighs for Santa

Much easier than gingerbread houses, (especially when you buy the premade kits) are gingerbread Santa Sleighs. We found the kit at Meijer and it came with enough supplies to make four sleighs - perfect. The kids asked to make them all Thanksgiving Weekend, but someone was always missing or asleep. Finally, on Sunday evening we were all together and awake enough to make them. The went together so easily and there was enough extra candy to munch on! Mallory begged the following days to eat her gummy Santa explaining that her sleigh did not need a Santa. I told her no many times, but realized that if she waited too long to eat it, it would not taste as good. So, I finally relented and let her eat her Santa. She was so happy and she was right, her sleigh did not need a gummy Santa. The boys never noticed that her Santa was missing and I was glad. I did want some of those Santas to stay with us!!






1 comment:

Tanya said...

Ah yes...they do look a lot easier! I will think about these next year or use that glue gun idea you gave me. Mallory's hair is growing out -- so cute!!!