Sunday, March 14, 2010

I Don't Have Any Photos, But...

this is what we have been up to this winter (and boy, it was a long one) -

1 - Trevor played basketball for both his school and the Oldham County Parks department. He preferred the Saturday games with the Parks Dept. because his dad was his assistant coach. Now, his team didn't fare so well, but I will tell you in all honesty they should have been voted "most improved." Trevor was making shots the last few games and in his first few games he didn't even want to touch the ball. He is one awesome defensive player. I feel sorry for the player he was guarding. Both seasons are over and it was fun.

2 - Boston just started his spring baseball season on The Rockies again. He is stoked because he says he has awesome players on his team this season and can't wait for the games to start.

3 - Zane has spent more time with Boy Scouting this month (and it's only the middle of the month) than he has all year and he still has more camping planned. Well, at least he will be one heck of a guy to be with if there is every an emergency in the area.

4 - There was more snow and snow days this winter than ever before. We have been here 10 years and I don't ever remember winter being like this. I hope it never is again. Nice attitude, huh?

5 - We have (had) a friend living with us all winter. He is fat and makes a TON of noise and lives in the crawl space. He has friends over sometimes and he creeps me out. I am talking about a raccoon (gross) that lived in our crawl space and he is so loud sometimes that I feel like he might break through the floor. Zane assured me that couldn't happen, but I didn't believe him. Well, we think that he has passed away because it smells really really bad in our back bedroom and it is progressively getting worse. So, we have sprayed so much Fabreeze in the air that we might be lulled to sleep by all these chemicals tonight. I guess this is good news and bad news. He won't be missed, but as Zane said, "He is still bugging us even when he is dead." Truly a pest.

6 - Finally...bring on SPRING. We are all excited about it. We need the vitamin D from the sun and some days to get out and run. Sometimes I wish I were a bear and could just hibernate all winter. But, I am grateful for the four seasons - some more than others.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I'm with you. I am ready for spring!

Brett said...

We had a mouse die on the heat vent in the crawl space in our old house. That smell was N-A-S-T-Y! Your raccoon must be 10 times bigger, so I can't imagine that stench. Call if Zane goes in to remove it and needs help.