Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow People On Parade

With as much snow as we have had in the last week and a half, it was opportune to make a few snowmen. Last week we got 7" in one day, so Mallory and I went out and built our snowwoman while the boys were sledding at the neighbors. Then, Trevor came home to find our lady and wanted to make her some friends. He went out and worked for a few hours to create some of his own snowmen. Unfortunately one of the friends he made was destroyed by a sled and later passed away - hence the x's on his eyes (that was all Trevor's idea - very Calvin and Hobbes). And, the most unfortunate part of the day was that Boston and his friend knocked them all down when sledding in our yard that night. They sure were cute while the lasted, unlike the snow. It's not so cute anymore.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Can't believe all the snow I hear ya'll are getting out there. Kind of jealous, actually. Utah is pretty much skipped the whole winter thing. At least I haven't had to buy a snow blower....

Cheryl said...

I LOVE those snowmen. They are by far the cutest ones I've seen in years. And while those pictures of the one squished is sad, it a great picture and made me smile. If you didn't know it looks like it was made like that in the snow.

My girls are pretty jealous of Mallory's purple snow suit. They don't have any warm winter snow clothes, so while their brothers stay outside for hours, they usually just have to stare at them through the glass door. Oh well one day. (Truth be told, when I do dress them up, they only stay out for a few minutes. So much work, for not much play!)

It felt like spring yesterday. 60 degrees? Hard to believe we had snow days last week!

PS LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my b-day gift. Your are amazing.

Miss you!